MEMORIZE YOURSELF – LET’S COMMIT TO MEMORY
As an extension of the Memorízate y Memorízate – Activemos la memoria project, Memorízate – ¡Comprometámonos con la memoria! Academy for democratic memory in which the Fundación Internacional Baltasar Garzón (FIBGAR), thanks to funding from the Ministry of the Presidency, Relations with the Courts and Democratic Memory, will offer the opportunity for a group of young people between 18 and 30 years old to be part of the recovery and compilation of the democratic memory in Spain.
The main objective of this project is to provide young people with the necessary tools to acquire new knowledge through which they can become agents for the preservation and enhancement of memorial heritage. Our vision is that, through the exchange of knowledge and the strengthening of the values of democratic memory, young people can become familiar with the events of the past and their relationship with the present reality.
KEY FACTS ABOUT THE ACADEMY
In May, the following will be held:
- 5 virtual meetings of 45 minutes each in which participants will be trained on how to collect, research and disseminate democratic memory.
From June to November, it will be held:
- Compilation and research by the participants on topics in which they show the greatest interest, such as the exhumations in democracy of those who suffered reprisals during the war and Franco’s regime, the babies stolen during the dictatorship, the repression of women or other specific groups, the participation of third countries in the Spanish Civil War, and Spain’s participation in World War II.
- Each research will include a documentary part and online interviews with relevant people on the chosen topic.
- Elaboration of a final product, which may be a report, an opinion article, a compilation of documents or stories, audiovisual content, or an artistic expression.
In December, it will be organized:
- A research dissemination campaign and a final event to share the results of the research of each of the participants, thus facilitating a space as active participants in the memorial heritage.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ACADEMY
- Exceptional opportunity to meet people who play an active role in the dissemination and compilation of democratic memory, forming part of a group where everyone contributes to enriching the memorial heritage.
- Full-time mentoring for guidance in the information gathering, research and dissemination process.
- Exchange of knowledge with people committed to democratic memory that will help to acquire different ways of perceiving the past and how it shapes the current reality we live in.
SELECCIÓN Y PLAZO DE SOLICITUD
Participants wishing to join this Memory Academy should fill out the following registration form. registration form before May 5, 2023 (23:45h). If you are selected, we will contact you with more specific information about the project.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Madrid, April 12, 2023